CHARITABLE DONATIONS POLICY
The Brewery frequently makes donations of cash, goods, or services to local schools, civic groups, and church groups in the communities it serves.
All parties requesting financial support from the Beaver Island Brewing Company must complete a Charitable Donation Request form. The completed form should fully explain the nature of the contribution being sought and include all requested documentation. The Charitable Donation Request form is available in the Taproom and
on the Beaver Island website; all required documentation should be submitted to the Beaver Island Taproom or by Emailing to email@example.com.
- The organization must also be a 501(c)(3) or non-profit organization.
- Requests should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event to give proper time to evaluate the request.
- Complete proposals include a description of the organization, its mission and major accomplishments, and a list of current board members and key staff.
- Nonprofit organizations should submit their tax-exempt letters from the Internal Revenue Service with their contribution requests.
- Complete proposals will be considered monthly by the Charitable Donations Committee.
- Incomplete proposals or those with deadlines within 30 days of submission may not be considered.
Preferential consideration is generally given to requests where the following apply:
- The recipient is a local community organization in Central Minnesota.
- Money donated will be spent in Central Minnesota.
- Money donated will directly benefit the residents of Central Minnesota.
- Money donated will benefit a significant group of people (as opposed to a single person).
- The Brewery receives recognition for its donations.
The Brewery does not make charitable donations to for-profit organizations. For-profit organizations seeking sponsorship may submit requests which will be evaluated by the Breweries Officers on a commercial basis for the advertising and marketing benefit such sponsorships would provide to the Brewery.
In order to accommodate contribution requests, the Brewery may choose to donate promotional items that could be used by the requesting party.
Completed Charitable Donation Request applications and supporting documentation may be submitted by mail, or email:
Beaver Island Brewing Company
Attn: Charitable Donations Committee
216 6th Ave S
Saint Cloud, MN 56301